Throughout my career I have never strayed too far from my creative side, and although I worked for several years in the pharmaceutical industry, I continued to ‘make and do’ in my spare time.
I have been running my Micro Business, Mayo Calligraphy since 2013 and I am indebted to the many customers who have kept me ‘floating’ since then!! I am proud to have worked with many state, semi-state and private companies as well as countless individuals. I am privilaged to have assisted people in preserving their precious memories and keeping them safe for future generations.
Photographs and awards are only of value to the people involved at the time. Three generations down and they won’t even know our names. This is why I am so passionate about putting names to the faces, dates on the occasion and celebrating our achievements. In this way, those that come after us will know something of how we lived, and who we loved.
This restoration of ‘The Bishops of Killala’ took quite a while! I was delighted with the result! Full restoration video – 10 mins!
- Sponsor and supplier of certificates for annual Ireland Micro Business Awards, British Micro Business Awards and calligrapher for Bumbleance (Children’s Ambulance Service) certificates.
- Official calligrapher to Ashford Castle Hotel and The Lodge at Ashford Castle for the last 15 years
- Previous commission for Wexford County Council, Kilkenny County Council and West Mayo Municipal Council. Business commissions for Hands of Cong Festival, Ballintubber G.A.A, Ballintubber Community Council, Mayo Women’s Support Services, Killala Cathedral, G.M.I.T. Castlebar, NUI Galway, Ballintubber National School, Tourmakeady Secondary School, St. Geralds Secondary School and Davitt College, Castlebar.
- Voluntary Editor of community publications – ‘Ballintubber National School 150 years in the heart of the community’ and ‘Ballintubber Families Down the Years’ – which was a winner of the ‘Mayo People of the Year’ award in 2016.
- Proud mother of five wonderful boys and Grandma of two precious grandsons, and big Ballintubber and Mayo G.A.A. supporter. In 2017 my five sons were part of the Ballintubber Senior Panel. Also ‘Mama’ to two dogs, Tommy and Mo, and a three-legged cat called Donatello!
- Completed a six year part time degree course in G.M.I.T and graduated in 2013 with a BA Art and Design.
At the start of the pandemic in March 2020, there were no masks available for the general public as all medical grade masks were being used by front line workers. I joined with a group of like minded sewists, Masks for All-Ireland and we made 100% double cotton masks with a pocket for further filter from a standard pattern. I made approx 3,000 of these for various groups including Irish Wheelchair Association, Carers Ireland, Meals on Wheels and many more.